To reserve an event date, a deposit equal to 50% of the base room rental rate, to be applied to the final payment, is due upon signing of the contract.
Rental booking includes one (1) hour of set up prior to the event start time. Any event overtime is billed at $500/hour, or any fraction thereof.
The rental deposit shall be returned in full if ISH-DC is notified of the cancellation of the Event at least 15 calendar days prior to the event date. If notification of cancellation is given less than seven calendar days prior to the event date, you will forfeit the entire deposit. If there are extenuating circumstances beyond your control ISH-DC may, at its discretion, agree to refund the deposit, minus expenses already incurred.
You must obtain a Certificate of Liability Insurance (COI) and submit it to ISH-DC with the signed event contract. A COI can be obtained through your insurance company for a minimal fee.
The rental fee does not include parking. Parking is not allowed in the circular drive in front of the House unless arranged in advance for loading purposes. Several parking garages are located within close walking distance to the House. Alternatively, we can arrange for valet parking service at your expense.
- ISH-DC reserves the right to refuse requested activities.
- All subscriber events must be pre-paid. Selling tickets or merchandise, cash bars, or taking fees of any kind on the premises is not allowed.
- ISH-DC requires seven days’ notice if over-sized furniture (i.e. grand piano, carpet, tables, or sofas) must be moved for the event. If seven days’ notice is not given, ISH-DC cannot guarantee the furniture can be moved for the event. There may be a charge if furniture must be moved from the Hall.
- All music or other sounds will be held to DC ordinance levels of 60dB from 7:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. and 55dB after 9:00 p.m. ISH-DC is a residential community, music must be stopped at 10:00 PM and events concluded by 10:30 PM.
- The needs of musicians must be shared with ISH-DC in advance to ensure that power and setup needs do not exceed venue capabilities.
- The occupancy limits set forth by the DC Fire Marshall shall be strictly adhered to.
- Throwing rice, confetti, or the like is not allowed on the premises.
- Sparklers are not permitted.
- The use of candles is greatly restricted due to insurance requirements. Votive candles may be permitted on certain dining or serving tables. Only votive or globe candles are permitted in the garden.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited throughout the property.
Please note that International Student House’s mission is to provide housing for international scholars. While residents of the House will be notified of events in advance and will make every effort not to disrupt your event, it is important to remember that International Student House is their home year-round.