Prospective Resident Policy Regarding COVID-19
Effective March 20, 2020, International Student House of Washington, DC (ISH-DC) will follow the below outlined policies as they pertain to incoming residents and new reservation applications:
- We are accepting applications on a case by case basis for the health and safety of our current resident and staff community.
- We will honor existing reservations. Incoming residents will undergo a screening process informed by CDC guidelines.
- The House is monitoring the COVID-19 situation and should we deem welcoming new residents unsafe for either the existing community or incoming community member, applications may be withdrawn with no financial obligations.
International Student House of Washington, DC
offers a number of unique advantages to
graduate students | interns | visiting scholars | young professionals
ACCESS THE APPLICATION HERE Note: All residents must be 21 or older before their reservation start date.
Everything included at an affordable price
We offer below market room and board for graduate students, interns and visiting scholars.
Lower rates: $1,343.00 / Higher rates: $1,822.00 - the average double room priced at $1,639.00
(All rates are per person)
Benefits of living at ISH
Move-in date flexibility and month-to-month payments: The minimum stay at ISH is one month, so if you are in a short-term program, you do not need to worry about a year-long lease or a more expensive short-term option.
Meals included: 13 meals prepared by a chef (breakfast and dinner every day except just breakfast on Saturday) is included in your payments.
Room Credit Programs: Residents work at our front desk for room-credit (reduction in monthly invoice). This is an excellent opportunity for a number of residents interested in reducing their monthly expenses.
Internet, utilities, and laundry also included in the monthly payments. Furnished rooms with twin beds, desks, and either a closet or dresser.
Beautiful common spaces: A large garden area, shared study room, library, dining hall, and Great Hall.
Resident managers and deputy resident managers live on-site to support any needs that arise.
More than just a place to live while studying in the Nation's Capital
- An exceptional network thanks to the efforts of our Board of Directors and alumni.
- An incredible, diverse, highly ambitious, life-long community.
Not only advance your career opportunities, but your social ones as well. You can have a morning coffee with an Italian, walk to the Metro with an American and enjoying dinner with a Peruvian.